- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bluegill or crappie
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Dip fish in butter, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bluegill Parmesan
"Excellent flavor and it's quick and easy to make."
"this was delicious I will definitely be making this again I love it so did the family"
"Loved how easy this was, and the flavors were great. A nice alternative to frying!"
"It was so simple and I had dinner ready in no longer than 25 minutes! A delicious yet easy recipe."
"I substituted dry parsley flakes and used Italian seasoned bread crumbs and it worked well. A little too much salt for our taste we'll cut it in half next time but over all yummy."