Blueberry Yogurt Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Blueberry Yogurt Muffins(36)
Sort By :
I am a professional baker who loves to bake at home as well as at work. I tried this recipe at home and immediately knew upon reading it that it would have to be severely altered. Make sure you use a well packed cup of flour. Use three times the amount of milk. Make sure to use 1/3 cup of sugar. Make sure to you a jumbo egg. Use a half teaspoon of baking powder(leveled). Always keep your berries in the freezer until the moment you add them and then get the muffins into the oven ASAP. Use a flavored sweetened yogurt since there is no added extract and if you like to make the best recipe possible every single time. Buy a kitchen scale! Weights never change but your inconsistent American measuring will. Good luck!!!
I mean no disrespect here but please.. Rate the recipe as written for those of us who want to try it as is.. Not how you changed it!!
These were pretty good. I usually have a bit of cinnamon in my oatmeal with blueberries, so I added 2 tsps to the recipe. I also did not have oil, so I added 3 more Tbsps of almond milk. So good, but I think they really needed the cinnamon for the added flavor.
Pretty darn good. I had expiring blue-berry yogurt and wanted to use it. Did not add any other fruit. I thought they might turn out purple due to the yogurt color, but they didn't look funny! I will freeze the finished muffins as snacks for my teen boys. I will make again with other combos of yogurt and fruit. This produced a lightly scented blueberry muffin.
Delicious muffins. I always double it when I make it.