Blueberry Watermelon Salsa Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn
- 3 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place corn in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. Place the corn in a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 28 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Blueberry Watermelon Salsa
"This recipe caught my eye. I never thought about combining watermelon and blueberies in anything! This was a great combination and has a cool and refreshing taste."
"If my daughter hadn't tried making a strawberry salsa last year, I wouldn't have even looked twice at this recipe. Combining corn, jalapeno pepper, green onions and cilantro with watermelon & blueberreis didn't sound appetizing to me at all. BUT...this recipe is GREAT! Wonderful blend of flavors and very refreshing! Try it!"
"this is really good we didn't have fresh corn but it is still good"