Blueberry Walnut Bars Recipe
With power-packing oats, walnuts and blueberries, kids aren't the only ones that are going to love this sweet treat. Health-minded parents can feel good about these bars, too. —Dawn Onuffer, Crestview, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2/3 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, oats and butter. Press onto the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat preserves on high for 15-20 seconds or until warmed; gently stir in blueberries. Spoon over filling. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 bar equals 167 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC