Blueberry Waffles with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
These light, tender homemade waffles are just bursting with juicy blueberries—and are topped with a blueberry sauce, too!—Devyn Weakley, Howard, Kansas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk the milk, egg yolks and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup orange juice and honey. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; gradually stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with waffles. Yield: 12 waffles (1-1/3 cups sauce).
2 waffles with 3-1/2 tablespoons sauce equals 371 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Waffles with Blueberry Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC