These light, tender homemade waffles are just bursting with juicy blueberries—and are topped with a blueberry sauce, too!—Devyn Weakley, Howard, Kansas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk the milk, egg yolks and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup orange juice and honey. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; gradually stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with waffles. Yield: 12 waffles (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Originally published as Blueberry Waffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p28
Reviews for Blueberry Waffles with Blueberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review