- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk the milk, egg yolks and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup orange juice and honey. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; gradually stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with waffles. Yield: 12 waffles (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Reviews for Blueberry Waffles with Blueberry Sauce
Sort By :
"These were delicious, I thought beating the egg whites would make it more involving but it turned out to be pretty quick in the end. Made more like 10 waffles for me. The blueberry sauce was AMAZING."
"I agree with the other reviewer about this recipe being a little more involved than other waffle recipes, but they were very good. I also didn't have enough blueberries to try the syrup but with regular maple syrup, they were delicious. True to the recipe description, it made 6 waffles, so next time I am going to make a double batch and freeze for hectic morning breakfasts. I am also going to try substituting some whole wheat flour like the other reviewer mentioned."
"This was a little more effort than I usually put into waffles, but these were well worth it. My whole family loved this recipe! I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour, but other than that, I followed the recipe. I didn't have enough blueberries to make the syrup, but these waffles were delicious with pure maple syrup. I'll definitely be making these again."
"What a yummy breakfast treat!~ Theresa"