- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk the milk, egg yolks and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup orange juice and honey. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; gradually stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with waffles. Yield: 12 waffles (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Reviews for Blueberry Waffles(3)
Sort By :
I agree with the other reviewer about this recipe being a little more involved than other waffle recipes, but they were very good. I also didn't have enough blueberries to try the syrup but with regular maple syrup, they were delicious. True to the recipe description, it made 6 waffles, so next time I am going to make a double batch and freeze for hectic morning breakfasts. I am also going to try substituting some whole wheat flour like the other reviewer mentioned.
This was a little more effort than I usually put into waffles, but these were well worth it. My whole family loved this recipe! I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour, but other than that, I followed the recipe. I didn't have enough blueberries to make the syrup, but these waffles were delicious with pure maple syrup. I'll definitely be making these again.
What a yummy breakfast treat!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >