"Waffles are my husband's favorite Sunday brunch," shares Lori Daniels from Beverly, West Virginia. "We like them with fresh fruit on the side."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolk, milk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Waffles in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p19
Reviews for Blueberry Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review