- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolk, milk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Waffles in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p19
Reviews for Blueberry Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2012
Can you use blueberry pie filling with this?
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2011
you can always use frozen blueberries when it calls for fresh. no need to thaw or risnse, just pop them in.
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2009
Can I use frozen blueberries?