Blueberry Upside Down Dessert
Turn a simple yellow cake into a terrific dessert with blueberries and a handful of other ingredients. It's great for company too.—Nancy Kramer, Newmanstown, Pennsylvania
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- Whipped cream
- Coat the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with butter; sprinkle
- with sugar and blueberries. Prepare cake batter according to package
- directions; spread over blueberries.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield:
- 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.