Blueberry Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in brown sugar. Spread into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Arrange blueberries in a single layer over brown sugar mixture; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Carefully pour over blueberries.
- 3. Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Cool. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 292 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Upside-Down Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.