- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in brown sugar. Spread into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Arrange blueberries in a single layer over brown sugar mixture; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Carefully pour over blueberries.
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Cool. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Upside-Down Cake
Sort By :
"I had prepared this recipe when it was first featured in Taste of Home! I DID adjust the recipe and I used 1/2 cup margarine, DIVIDED and added 1/2 tsp. salt. I also used 1/2 cup packed brown sugar! This recipe was delicious! Thank you, Charlotte Harrison, for sharing this recipe! DELowenstein"
"Clever idea for a blueberry lover, which I am. I served mine with vanilla ice cream instead of whipped cream."
"YES, I would definately make this recipe again. I made it for my Father's birthday because he loves blueberries and it tasted really good. It was a refreashing change from a frasted cake."
"This cake sounds wonderful; have not made yet, but will. There's a blueberry picking farm near our home which we go to every summer. We freeze blueberries to enjoy year round.Thank you for sharing this recipe.Sincerely,"