Blueberry Tossed Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the greens, blueberries, cheese, almonds and sunflower kernels. In a blender, combine the oil, sugar, onion, vinegar and mustard; cover and process until blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 264 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Tossed Salad
"This is an absolutely wonderful salad! In fact, I was asked to make it for a barbeque on Memorial Day! It goes with almost everything!"