Blueberry Tossed Salad Recipe
My friends look forward to having this salad at picnics throughout summer. It's deliciously different.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the greens, blueberries, cheese, almonds and sunflower kernels. In a blender, combine the oil, sugar, onion, vinegar and mustard; cover and process until blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 264 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Tossed Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC