Blueberry Torte Squares Recipe
Super healthy blueberries star in this soon-to-be family favorite from Michele Raines of Rochester, New York. Can't find fresh blueberries? Frozen work just as well.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. Gradually add flour and mix well. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in blueberries and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- 5. Spoon topping over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 square equals 178 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Blueberry Torte Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC