- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whipped cream cheese, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in blueberries and orange peel. In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with cream cheese if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Blueberry Tea Bread
"My favorite blueberry quick bread recipes. Thanks!"
"I have been making this for a few years now and it always gets compliments. I have substituted lemon rind for the orange and use 1 cup of wild blueberries. This recipes doubles very nicely. Yummy!"