Blueberry Tea Bread Recipe
When you're looking for a "berry" impressive treat, turn to this recipe.—Dorothy Simpson, Blackwood, New Jersey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whipped cream cheese, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in blueberries and orange peel. In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with cream cheese if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 154 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Tea Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC