Blueberry and blueberry preserves make this syrup bursts with flavor. Try it over your favorite pancakes, French toast or waffles.Lorrie McCurdy, Farmington, New Mexico
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugars, blueberries and water. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir
- in the preserves and maple flavoring. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 229 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.