- turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the first five sauce
- ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook
- and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in fruit
- and heat through. Serve French toast with sauce; sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 1/4 cup sauce and 2 teaspoons almonds equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.