What a joy to set out a basket of these moist blueberry muffins topped with a super streusel on the brunch buffet. People rave when they taste them for the first time. —Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Streusel Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p31
Reviews for Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review