- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Streusel Muffins
"This recipe was completely off. This does not have enough sugar in the muffin itself, the cook temp seemed off, and the streusel was disappointing. These are not good muffins at all."
"Temp of 375 WAY too high. These burnt on the bottom after 23 minutes. I agree with others that more sugar is needed for the basic recipe. Also I would try brown sugar on top. The recipe made 1.5 dozen. TOH, why do you not test and edit these recipes? So disappointed."
"Definitely needs more sugar in the batter. Very bland"
"These muffins are great! But if you eat the top and the streusel and then the stump then the stump would be bland, but the streusel makes the muffin."
"This recipe was delicious. Almost a cup of sugar in this recipe is plenty for 12 muffins. The strudel topping was crisp, mildly spiced and delicious. I made them, following the recipe exactly, using paper baking cups. Batter was easy to mix, with minimal ingredients. My blueberries were big and sweet and the muffins turned out wonderfully. I can't believe people said they were awful or not enough sugar!Maybe their blueberries were inferior (bland) or they are used to commercial products which use enormous amounts of sugar. I'm not sure, but these were perfect. I've also made them dairy free, substituting in Almond milk and Earth Balance. Outstanding. Keep up the good work Mary Anne!"