Blueberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
What a joy to set out a basket of these moist blueberry muffins topped with a super streusel on the brunch buffet. People rave when they taste them for the first time. —Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC