- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Streusel Muffins
"Where do I add the cup of milk? Batter is so thick, you can't fold blueberries in. Won't use this recipe again."
"This recipe was completely off. This does not have enough sugar in the muffin itself, the cook temp seemed off, and the streusel was disappointing. These are not good muffins at all."
"Temp of 375 WAY too high. These burnt on the bottom after 23 minutes. I agree with others that more sugar is needed for the basic recipe. Also I would try brown sugar on top. The recipe made 1.5 dozen. TOH, why do you not test and edit these recipes? So disappointed."
"Definitely needs more sugar in the batter. Very bland"
"These muffins are great! But if you eat the top and the streusel and then the stump then the stump would be bland, but the streusel makes the muffin."