- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries and pecans. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Do I have to cook pecans with this ?"
"This is a delicious cake! My family & friends loved it!! I will be making this again. I creamed the butter & sugar, and then added the egg, milk, and a tsp. of vanilla. I mixed it well and then added the dry ingredients and then the blueberries."
"Amazing! It was easy and so tasty. Just make sure you get you butter softened enough and you won't have trouble like the others said. I added a splash of vanilla too."
"I made this coffeemaker for the first time. Used frozen berries and added a few more than called for. I also added 1 tsp.of vanilla. The milk, butter and egg mixture was a little clumpy. When I added this to the flour it mixed up into a large clump kind of like cookie dough. I had to spread it into the pan. This was weird. But sprinkled the topping over it and baked according to the directions. Baked 40 minutes. The topping browned up a little. Served for breakfast and it was delicious. The topping added a little extra sweetness. The cake was moist. I would make this again."
"I baked this coffee cake this am and found the cake too dry and bland. It seems to be missing something. Maybe a little cinnamon and brown sugar added. I don't think I would make this again.I changed this from 2 stars to 5 stars. I creamed the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Added egg, milk, and mixed. Poured into dry ingredients and mixed together. added the blueberries. Cake was wonderful. Family is requesting another one. A Keeper"