Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries and pecans. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"This is absolutely the best Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake recipe I have ever tried! When this recipe appeared in the TOH Annual Recipes, it became a weekend breakfast/brunch staple. Turns out perfectly, every time! How I changed the recipe? Doubled it. Bake in a 13x9 for about 45 minutes or until it tests done. I also add nuts to the streusel topping because we like them."
"We thought it was kind of dry, I even baked it a couple of minutes less than the minimum 35 minutes so it wasn't over baked. I will make it again but add a 1/2 cup more blueberries & less pecans."
"Very good..i did add some cinnamon to the streusal because i love cinnamon and blueberries together.."
"Very easy and yummy. The only change I made was to use 1/4 applesauce, and 1/4 cup butter and I lessened the sugar. Thank you for sharing!"
"Made the following changes: Use fresh ground organic whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup sugar, coconut milk (due to I had it in the fridge), 1tsp homemade vanilla, 1/2 tsp lemon peel, 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut. Streusel: 1/2 cup organic brown sugar, 1/8 cup unsweetened coconut, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup butter. Other ingredients remained the same."