Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
This coffee cake smells wonderful as it bakes and tastes even better. The moist cake filled with juicy berries and crunchy pecans is a family favorite. It never lasts long at our house. -Lori Snedden, Sherman, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries and pecans. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- 2. For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 476 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC