Blueberry Squares Recipe
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafers and butter. Press into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in 1-1/2 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, peel and remaining blueberries. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in marshmallows. Spread over crust. Top with blueberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Squares
Sort By :
I've been making this since its publication in 2007, and it's one of my favorites. I love blueberries, so I'm always glad to find a good recipe that features them. I am not a marshmallow fan, so I was skeptical at first, but in this recipe, I love them.
You completely lost me at "marshmallow". YUCK
I thought it was just okay. Not sure if I'd make it again. 4 stars because my husband really liked it.
Very Good! Will definitely make again.
Great recipe. I was a little concerned about how the marshmellows would work, but they blended in well and they added a different kind of texture when you are enjoying the dessert.