Blueberry Squares Recipe
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafers and butter. Press into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in 1-1/2 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, peel and remaining blueberries. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in marshmallows. Spread over crust. Top with blueberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Squares(18)
Sort By :
I thought it was just okay. Not sure if I'd make it again. 4 stars because my husband really liked it.
Very Good! Will definitely make again.
Great recipe. I was a little concerned about how the marshmellows would work, but they blended in well and they added a different kind of texture when you are enjoying the dessert.
P.S. This blueberry topping can also be doubled as a delicious pie filling during the plentiful blueberry season. During winter, frozen blueberries work really well whatever variation of this recipe you choose!
This excellent recipe gets rave reviews wherever it goes. I have also successfully layered it as a trifle, doubling the blueberry and marshmallow layers & doubling the butter in the crust (to assist with firming up the "crust" layer in the fridge). Whichever way it's made, this "stumble-upon" recipe has become an all-time friend & family favorite.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >