Blueberry Squares Recipe
I've made these easy berry squares for many, many years and they never fail to bring raves from people of all ages. I'm always being asked for the recipe! When things get really busy, I like the convenience of being able to make this fuss-free treat a day ahead of time. —Barbara Robbins, Chandler, Arizona
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafers and butter. Press into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in 1-1/2 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, peel and remaining blueberries. Cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in marshmallows. Spread over crust. Top with blueberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 310 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC