Blueberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (4 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients and shake well. In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, blue cheese, blueberries and pecans. Add dressing and toss gently; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 246 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Blueberry Spinach Salad
"I liked the concept but found the dressing way too tart. The berries and pecans, though, were a nice combination."
"This recipe is a keeper! I did use Spring Mix, but other than that, I made the recipe as written. The dressing was very good. The blueberry/blue cheese combo was delicious."
"A very nice salad, but I found the dressing to be a bit too tart for my taste. I would use about half the vinegar the next time."
"I had to adjust the recipe to use what I had on hand: toasted sliced almonds instead of pecans and feta cheese instead of blue cheese; also honey mustard instead of Dijon in the dressing. Both my husband and I thought it was very good and would definitely make again! nice and refreshing."
"This salad is addicting! I had been looking for a recipe like this, and this is a keeper! The flavors blend very well. I used a mix of spinach & spring mix so my kids would eat it, too."
"Excellent in presentation, dressing taste--nice change from strawberries, mandarin oranges."