Blueberry Spinach Salad Recipe
I received this recipe from a co-worker's wife and it's become one of my favorites. The addition of blueberries gives this salad a different twist.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (4 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients and shake well. In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, blue cheese, blueberries and pecans. Add dressing and toss gently; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC