Blueberry Spinach Salad
I came up with recipe while trying to use up blueberries that I didn't want to go to waste. The combination of flavors and textures are delightful.Jan Ruiz, Yucaipa, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place the first five ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid;
- shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, blueberries and nuts.
- Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to
- coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 229 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.