Blueberry Sour Cream Torte Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, gently toss the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, lemon peel and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; pour into crust.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, vanilla and remaining sugar. Spoon over blueberry mixture. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 399 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.