- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon almonds extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the extracts and butter flavoring. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. In another bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
Sort By :
"This cake turned out great for me. It's now in my recipe book"
"I have made this cake twice and its been a hit both times. I didn't use the butter flavor. I cut the sugar back to 2 3/4 cups. Its very moist and everyone goes back for more."
"Delicious, the first time I made it the batter was not completely done. The second time I decreased the oven temp to 325 and baked for 1 and 1/2 hour. I has beome a family favorite. Sandy"
"This recipe is the best I've ever had. I took it to a friends house, she had made a blueberry poundcake also. We both cook so we compared and this one won! She called her husband and told him about it. Today I'm making it for dessert at church!"
"Made this cake for my Sunday School class and everyone kept going back for more."