Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon almonds extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the extracts and butter flavoring. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. In another bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 320 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.