Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
- For pancakes, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with blueberry topping. Yield: about 20 pancakes (3-1/2 cups topping).
Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes(24)
Sort By :
My husband and I were talking about pancakes yesterday and he commented that his favorite ones to eat had sour cream in the batter. I had not ever made them like that so I thought I would look for a recipe on-line and Taste of Home once again comes to the recue with a wonderful tasting and looking pancake. We will make these again. Thanks!
My family loved this recipe!!
I changed it up a little, to make it lighter.i used 1 cup of fine ground corn meal and 1 cup flour, then used 1/4 cup brown sugar in place of white,added 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to the milk to sour, then substituted apple sauce for sour cream. Held the blueberries . I did make the blueberry topping though. Also added some vanilla . Yum!!!!
Light, fluffy and delish!!!! :)
Pancakes are yummy, light and fluffy as others have said. I used whole wheat flour to make healthier for my 1 year old and he loved them too. I didn't make the sauce this time but plan to next time!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Pancakes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >