Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
- For pancakes, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with blueberry topping. Yield: about 20 pancakes (3-1/2 cups topping).
Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
Sort By :
This is THE best blueberry pancake recipe I have EVER had. My daughter in law is here from China, and doesn't like super sweet breakfasts, will try this on her tomorrow with maybe a little lemon zest in the topping?. will let you know?.
I thought I had reviewed these, they are the best pancakes ever! I used cake flour instead of all purpose, my daughter and I are chocolate lovers, so I used mini chocolate chips in place of blueberries, with maple syrup on top (I love spreading a thin layer of peanut butter on mine, a family tradition!), these are like dessert not breakfast! I had some left over, (usually double it), froze them in ziploc bags, used them to make peanut butter sandwich's for my daughter's lunch at school, delish! Thanks Paula!
One of my top favorite pancake recipes! I make it often for my husband and daughters! We all love it! I serve leftovers spread with butter and topped with sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yummy!
Yummy!! My kids love this recipe :)
My husband and I were talking about pancakes yesterday and he commented that his favorite ones to eat had sour cream in the batter. I had not ever made them like that so I thought I would look for a recipe on-line and Taste of Home once again comes to the recue with a wonderful tasting and looking pancake. We will make these again. Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Pancakes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Pancakes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >