- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle half over batter. Top with half of the berries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I made this cake and it was wonderful. Going to make it again, but with frozen peaches.Thank you so much for your recipe."
"I just have a suggestion for your lovely cake - I have a blueberry cake that I love, and always add either toasted pecans or walnuts (my family love nuts), as well as zest from either 2 lemons or orange and lemon. It gives it a great taste, but doesn't distract from the blueberries!"
"A wonderful cake recipe, I've made it several times and it always comes out perfectly. I love to add it to my brunch menu, especially in the spring of the year. I've never found it to be dry, but I have noticed that if you measure an 8-ounce container of sour cream, that's not really a cup. So, I always measure a cup full of sour cream and add it that way, which I belileve makes it nice and moist."
"loved this recipe!! I followed the recipe, just added the zest of one lemon to the batter, and ground walnuts to the filling. I'm not a big cake eater, but I've had 5 pieces and it gets better with every slice!! Thank-you Susan"
"We enjoyed this cake... but the cook time seemed a little off and our pan seemed too small. Next time, I'm lowering the oven temp and using a 9 by 9 pan. Thanks for the recipe!"