Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle half over batter. Top with half of the berries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 448 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
"Excellent coffee cake. Moist and flavorful! Will definitely make again."
"I made this and I loved it! I also got really good feedback from other people as well. The frosting that's suggested tasted like confectioners sugar, so I added a small amount of melted butter, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon of heavy cream and I drizzled that over the cake.I will be making this again."
"What a delicious coffee cake....very moist, and with a lovely, fine- crumbed texture. I made it exactly as written, and will certainly be making it again. Oh, I did add a little vanilla to the glaze; I think adding a bit of lemon juice and some grated rind to the glaze would taste delicious, also. Thanks to Susan for submitting the recipe!!"
"This coffee cake Had lots of flavor and was very moist! I will definitely be making again."
"Awesome recipe... Made it twice and it came out perfect each time. My family LOVES it."
"cake was very good .Everyone asked for the recipe. I used fresh blueberries and it was very moist."
"Nice coffee cake with my Sunday brunch menu."
"I made this cake and it was wonderful. Going to make it again, but with frozen peaches.Thank you so much for your recipe."
"A wonderful cake recipe, I've made it several times and it always comes out perfectly. I love to add it to my brunch menu, especially in the spring of the year. I've never found it to be dry, but I have noticed that if you measure an 8-ounce container of sour cream, that's not really a cup. So, I always measure a cup full of sour cream and add it that way, which I belileve makes it nice and moist."
"loved this recipe!! I followed the recipe, just added the zest of one lemon to the batter, and ground walnuts to the filling. I'm not a big cake eater, but I've had 5 pieces and it gets better with every slice!! Thank-you Susan"
"We enjoyed this cake... but the cook time seemed a little off and our pan seemed too small. Next time, I'm lowering the oven temp and using a 9 by 9 pan. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I did not put glaze on it (no time!). The cake is a little dry, but my husband loves it! You can use lite sour cream to cut some of the calories."
"the cake turned out very nicely. I reduced the fat to 2 TBL. of soft marg and add 2/3 cup applesauce and only used 1 whole egg and rest egg whites.."
"This cake was so moist and delicious.My family loved most definetely making it again."
"I made this delicious moist cake in a bundt pan and loved it. I will definitely make this again, but I might try apples instead of blueberries in the fall."
"This was the best dessert ever made with bueberries! So moist. Perfect!"
"I have made this several times...for my family for for breakfast brunch with some friends! Moist, full of blueberries, and we love the streusel type filling! Definately a winner!!!"
"this is super yummy!!!! we actually use huckleberries instead about 1/2-3/4 cup, since they have a stronger flavor. very very yummy! works great as a dessert too!"
"Thank you Susan for a beautiful recipe. I made this cake and everyone loved it, especially my son-in-law."