Blueberry Snack Cake
I love blueberries and have many recipes calling for them. One of my favorites is this quick dessert. I always freeze blueberries when they are in season so we can enjoy the summery flavor of this moist, tender cake all through the year.
-Jill Evely, Wilmore, Kentucky
15-18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until
- crumbly; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Beat in the baking powder,
- milk and egg yolks to remaining mixture until well combined. Beat
- egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- blueberries and reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.