Blueberry Slump Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cream or whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, water, lemon peel and juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk quickly; stir until moistened.
- 3. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto berries (makes six dumplings). Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Do not lift lid while simmering. Spoon dumplings into individual serving bowls; top with sauce. Serve warm with cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 228 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Slump
"What a nice ending to a meal! I used fresh blueberries and even after my husband opened the lid during steaming the dumplings - this was wonderful and the dumplings were soft and light!"