Blueberry Slump Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, water, lemon peel and juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk quickly; stir until moistened.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto berries (makes six dumplings). Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Do not lift lid while simmering. Spoon dumplings into individual serving bowls; top with sauce. Serve warm with cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Slump in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p34
Reviews for Blueberry Slump
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2010
"What a nice ending to a meal! I used fresh blueberries and even after my husband opened the lid during steaming the dumplings - this was wonderful and the dumplings were soft and light!"