Blueberries abound in Mary Damm’s sugar-topped shortcake. The East Peoria, Illinois cook enjoys it as dessert, but it’s also great for breakfast.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, flour and cinnamon; set
- aside. In another bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and remaining
- Spread half of the batter into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray; top with half of the blueberries and half of the
- reserved sugar mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve warm if desired, or cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 209 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.