Blueberry Shortcake Recipe
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, flour and cinnamon; set aside. In another bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and remaining sugar.
- 2. Spread half of the batter into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of the blueberries and half of the reserved sugar mixture. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm if desired, or cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.
1 piece: 209 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Shortcake
"The whole family loved this-kids included. It was kind of like a cinnamony blueberry coffee cake. Great aroma throughout the house when cooking. Really good!!"