Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes Recipe
These blueberry shortcake sundaes offer a summery conclusion to any meal. I make this recipe quite often. If you need to save even more time in the kitchen, just buy blueberry pie filling and thin it out with a little orange juice. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 slices pound cake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in water and blueberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Place cake slices on four dessert plates. Top each with ice cream and blueberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p21
Reviews for Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2011
"So Good! I would not recommend using Sara Lee's frozen pound cake, it was like a block of foam."
Reviewed May. 31, 2010
"Easy and delicious! Great for company or just a special dinner at home."