Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes
These blueberry shortcake sundaes offer a summery conclusion to any meal. I make this recipe quite often. If you need to save even more time in the kitchen, just buy blueberry pie filling and thin it out with a little orange juice. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 slices pound cake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir
- in water and blueberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Place cake slices on four dessert plates. Top each with ice cream and
- blueberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 349 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.