Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes Recipe
These blueberry shortcake sundaes offer a summery conclusion to any meal. I make this recipe quite often. If you need to save even more time in the kitchen, just buy blueberry pie filling and thin it out with a little orange juice. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 slices pound cake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in water and blueberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place cake slices on four dessert plates. Top each with ice cream and blueberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 349 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC