Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 slices pound cake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in water and blueberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place cake slices on four dessert plates. Top each with ice cream and blueberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 349 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Shortcake Sundaes
"So Good! I would not recommend using Sara Lee's frozen pound cake, it was like a block of foam."
"Easy and delicious! Great for company or just a special dinner at home."