- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, flour and cinnamon; set aside. In another bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and remaining sugar.
- Spread half of the batter into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of the blueberries and half of the reserved sugar mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm if desired, or cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Shortcake in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Shortcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2008
The whole family loved this-kids included. It was kind of like a cinnamony blueberry coffee cake. Great aroma throughout the house when cooking. Really good!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >