- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, flour and cinnamon; set aside. In another bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and remaining sugar.
- Spread half of the batter into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of the blueberries and half of the reserved sugar mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm if desired, or cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Shortcake in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Shortcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2008
"The whole family loved this-kids included. It was kind of like a cinnamony blueberry coffee cake. Great aroma throughout the house when cooking. Really good!!"