Blueberry Scones Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup milk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead in the blueberries.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into eight wedges. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews for Blueberry Scones
Sort By :
"Topped with cinnamon/sugar mixture before baking."
"I agree, and I'M the STUDENT! I made an account just to warn people about your terrible, sophmoric recipe. Obviously you and everyone else that comments positively, has never had a REAL SCONE. How sad that you all don't have local fairs like "The Puyallup fair" in WA to show you the way. 6 tablespoons of sugar?? Are you kidding? EGGS?? Seriously? Thanks for wasting my eggs and ingredients. Thanks for the Uber sweet muffins you just taught me never to make again! What an absolute crock of !"
"This recipe is HORRIBLE. Do NOT make. You NEVER put eggs in scones. EVER. Cardinal rule. I've been baking for years and one of my students made this recipe. Eggs make the finished product to be more like a muffin. You can get better scones from a box mix. Sorry but no."
"Tasty and easy to make. I like to pair blueberries with lemon so I added just a splash of lemon juice to the recipe."
"ExcellentI used cinnamon sugar for the top and mixed frozen berries drained of the juice instead of plain blueberries . Family LOVED them."