- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup milk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead in the blueberries.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into eight wedges. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews for Blueberry Scones
Sort By :
"really good just the blueberries were messy. Guys don't submit such bad reviews please:)"
"Tellitlikeitis80 you have some serious anger issues that you need to address. So what? This is for reviewing a recipe and everyone has differing opinions. I welcome the comments of others and there is no need to be nasty about it."
"Topped with cinnamon/sugar mixture before baking."
"I agree, and I'M the STUDENT! I made an account just to warn people about your terrible, sophmoric recipe. Obviously you and everyone else that comments positively, has never had a REAL SCONE. How sad that you all don't have local fairs like "The Puyallup fair" in WA to show you the way. 6 tablespoons of sugar?? Are you kidding? EGGS?? Seriously? Thanks for wasting my eggs and ingredients. Thanks for the Uber sweet muffins you just taught me never to make again! What an absolute crock of !"
"This recipe is HORRIBLE. Do NOT make. You NEVER put eggs in scones. EVER. Cardinal rule. I've been baking for years and one of my students made this recipe. Eggs make the finished product to be more like a muffin. You can get better scones from a box mix. Sorry but no."