- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup milk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead in the blueberries.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into eight wedges. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews for Blueberry Scones
Sort By :
"I had a couple of issues with this recipe. First, I did not find there was enough liquid to make the scones come together. I had to add extra cream to the mixture. Second, the frozen blueberries, which I did NOT thaw, turned the entire batch blue. However, the taste is good!"
"Very yummy! I halved the recipe since there are only three of us, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. We ate them with lemon curd and it was a perfect combination! Thank you for sharing this great scone recipe! As a side note - we live in WA state and LOVE scones with eggs in them. If you don't like scones with eggs in them, please look for other recipes and don't be rude to people who are kindly sharing their recipes."
"These are so good! My family absolutely love them--and I love that it makes a good-sized batch."
"really good just the blueberries were messy. Guys don't submit such bad reviews please:)"
"Tellitlikeitis80 you have some serious anger issues that you need to address. So what? This is for reviewing a recipe and everyone has differing opinions. I welcome the comments of others and there is no need to be nasty about it."