I fix this recipe for my co-workers often. It's very simple and can be prepared the night before.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in sausage and blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add water and blueberries. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Spoon over individual servings. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Sausage Breakfast Cake in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p82
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry-Sausage Breakfast Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review