In this one-pot sauce mix, the blueberries front and center in flavor. It is especially delicious on pancakes or french toast.—Jean Ficociello, Valley City, Ohio
Recommended: 12 Shortcake Recipes for Berry Lovers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash ground cloves and cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup 100% blueberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cloves and cinnamon. Stir in the orange juice until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until a syrup consistency. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Blueberry Sauce in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p19
Reviews for Blueberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review