Blueberry Sauce Supreme
Planting blueberries started out as a retirement project for my wife and me. Now it's a full-time business. Every day we enjoy blueberries in a variety of foods.Clarence Scrivner, Hartsburg, Missouri
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice concentrate and cornstarch;
- stir until smooth. Add blueberries and bring to a boil. Boil for 2
- minutes, stirring constantly. Use as a topping for pancakes, waffles
- or pound cake. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.