Blueberry Salsa Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, apple, orange, onion and cilantro.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, apple juice, sugar, oil and salt; drizzle over fruit mixture and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Divide salad greens among six serving plates. Using a slotted spoon, arrange blueberry salsa over greens. Drizzle with dressing left in bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 173 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Blueberry Salsa Salad
"Great combination of flavors!"