For this deliciously different salad, Priscilla Gilbert tops mixed greens with a sweet-tart fruit medley seasoned with onion and cilantro. "It was a hit when I prepared it for our 50th wedding anniversary," she relates from Indian Harbour Beach, Florida.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, apple, orange, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, apple juice, sugar, oil and salt; drizzle over fruit mixture and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide salad greens among six serving plates. Using a slotted spoon, arrange blueberry salsa over greens. Drizzle with dressing left in bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Salsa Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p17
Reviews for Blueberry Salsa Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2015
"Great combination of flavors!"