Blueberry Romaine Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. To serve, pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Romaine Salad
Sort By :
"What a lot of you are forgetting is that there's healthy fats in nuts and if you don't like the dressing you can always skip it or use less of it."
"This is wonderful!!! My husband wasn't so sure about it at first, but the more he ate, the more I heard, "mmmmmmmm!" Flavors come together beautifully. I might used salted cashews the next time."
"I made this tonight with North Carolina blueberries fresh from the roadside produce market. I used grapeseed oil instead of canola oil. This salad is great - we loved it! The ingredients go so well together & the dressing was the perfect complement to the other ingredients. Thank you!"
"I didn't change a thing and my whole family who are picky eaters....loved this salad! Even my 5 year old granddaughter, who usually isn't crazy about blueberries!!! Took it to a work potluck and had many people requesting the recipe!!!"
"EVERYONE LOVED IT, including my 18mo & 3yr old!!"